Sunday, October 4, 2009

Dolor en mi Cabeza -Guadalupe

Woke up to the neighbors playing the song 'Dancing Queen' and a pain in my head, too much Imperial (Costa Ricas signature beer) last night. I partied with Brian (19) and Christian (29) my host brothers if you will. It was Christian's birthday and man did he get drunk, mucho barracho. We went to a bar in an area of town that is, according to Brian, unsafe at night, especially if you are a gringo by yourself. There were big single family homes on the next family up with guard posts in the front of huge barbwired gates, being wealthy in this town has a cost.

Yesterday we went to Maria's, Liz's sister, house for lunch and these ladies can cook. We ate roasted pork with rice and salad with pico de gallo. The portions are insane, I think they may be trying to kill me with food, for instance, the breakfast I just ate was a heaping mound of red beans and rice and scrambled eggs with bologna as big as my face. As if that wasnt enough there was also a huge bowl of fruit on the side. I thought it might be considered rude to not finish it so I did my best, at one point I had to rest as I thought I was going to throw up, which would of been a lot more rude than not finishing the meal; 'Oh yeah, the gringo was great until he threw up all over the table.'

Today I am going to pick up a calling card, I think my mom is probably worrying about me in typical mother fashion and I forgot to call my bank and tell them I was going to be in Costa Rica, dont need my account frozen because they think someone has stolen my card and fled to paradise. I am finding it strange to be the minority, something I will have to get used to in this lovely, lovely country. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment