Saturday, October 3, 2009

Buenos Dias Costa Rica -Guadalupe

I awoke to church bells, thoroughly confused about my surroundings. It took a moment before I realized that I was in fact in Costa Rica, although it is a very surreal feeling even as I am writing this. I began my day with a cold shower, because I did not know how to operate the electric water heater thing-a-ma-jig, which Liz and her husband Luis got a kick out of. I was shown the proper sequence for a hot shower after breakfast, which consisted of strawberries, bananas, mango, watermelon, and papaya, along with some bologna on amazing fresh bread and pineapple juice. I offered to clean up after my self at which point Luis and Liz laughed and Luis said something along the lines of, that is her job, pura vida. I could get used to this real fast. I am thrilled with the amount of communication I can already have and I haven't even started school yet. All anxieties about this trip were washed away with that cold shower. I am ready for La Pura Vida.

No comments:

Post a Comment