Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Day in Paradise (Manuel Antonio)

An underwater camera is great until you lose it underwater....

I arrived in Manuel Antonio on Saturday with intentions of being here only until Sunday, it is now Tuesday (I think) and I plan on being here until Friday (or Saturday.) This place is a slice of heaven if I may be cliche for a moment, there are geckos running around my room, iguanas above the showers, and monkeys in the trees in our courtyard. The people who own Hostel Costa Linda, are two crazy Germans who know how to have fun. If I wasn't off to Cuba next week who knows how long I would remain here. Anyhow off to my adventures thus far..

Soooo, Saturday was spent at the beach, after we got off the bus at 9:45 and checked in to our hostel. After dinner we all went into Quepos, a small town North of here, and went to this huge salsa and meringue discotec, it was a lot of fun and I would of posted some priceless photos if I still had my camera, more on that in a bit. Sunday morning we all got a late start and hit the beach again after a nice greasy lunch and burned up for a bit before half of are crew had to head back to San Jose (suckers!) The remaining few stayed on the beach and had some pina coladas in their honor. Sunday night after sitting around the hostel with some other tourists a few of us decided to go to the beach for some moonlight swimming, I decided to bring my camera and in a stupid mistake lost it in a wave because I didnt have it around my wrist, I ran back to the hostel to grab my headlamp for a rescue mission, in the process breaking my sandals and busting my foot, great night, I didn't retrieve my camera obviously and needless to say I was a little bummed about it yesterday. It didnt help that I had the beginnings of a cold that fully blossomed this morning. I was woken up by the girls because we were supposed to be heading to the national park this morning for a hike, I told them it wasnt happening for me because my head felt like a cement block and I was exhausted so Marina brought me some water and some cold medicine and I proceeded to sleep the day away in a miserable sweat. I woke up an hour or so ago feeling a bit disoriented but less congested and dizzy than this morning, thank god!

My time is running short on this prepay internet crap so I must be going folks. I will tell you about my surfing experience sooner then later. It's a lot harder than it looks. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment