Thursday, October 15, 2009

America...F%#& Yeah!

Last night was amazing! Went to my new watering hole, Caccios, and watched the USA vs Costa Rica futbol game. I was rooting for Costa Rica, believe it or not, because last nights game determined whether or not they would make it into the World Cup. The bar was crazy packed and Bram and I were the only two foreigners and we were sticking out like sore thumbs, which seems to work out in our advantage for many reasons. I had a journalist come and talk to me and I had my picture taken while holding a Costa Rican jersey. I am hoping that tomorrow I can find the article, it would be great to have that as a souvenir. Unfortunately Costa Rica lost, but it didn't put a damper on the festivities. We made some new friends, as we always do at Caccios, and shared drinks and stories until the wee hours of the night. Not such a good time this morning when I had to be up at 7 o clock.

I made the decision to cancel the sea turtle project and instead opted for two additional weeks of Spanish school. I like it a there lot and would like to learn as much Spanish as possible, if I had more money I would stay for a long time. After those two weeks I will travel around with Maya I think, but this trip has already been random and unexpected so who knows whatll happen.

This weekend several other students and I are headed to Puerto Viejo, a sleepy little town on the beach in the south Caribbean. I cant wait for the hot sun and cool breezes. We are arriving in the middle of Carnival, so that should be quite the spectacle... and who knows maybe I will find myself a nice Tica and never return to the states.

Short blog today as I am very tired and ready for a siesta. Until next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment