Saturday, April 3, 2010

...

Where to begin...

...well the last few months have been quite the life changing experience for me. Beginning the day after my last post I headed to the Rainbow Gathering. We took a boat ride through the jungle and landed on an island of sorts, greeted by the smiling faces of a dozen or so hippies, shouting, "Welcome home." Little did I know that these people would impact my life dramatically and I would soon come to call our little oasis home. There were plenty of discomforts, such as the thousands of sandflies that really enjoyed the taste of our imported blood, leaving you with hundreds of itching bites that would wake you up scratching violently in a primevil bloody orgasmic kind of way... Anyhow through those annoyances we became very close and I learned a lot about adaptability and my own abilities to endure. Everyone was very loving and through them I learned a lot and was able to release most of my demons that I have held on to for too many years, but lets not turn this entry into a spiritual diatribe, eh?

Unfortunately I became lazy about journalling and looking back on it I wish I hadn´t. A lot has happened and I have been all over the place; exploring jungles, getting paid to play with fire, practicing my spanish, and doing a lot of meditation on my life and where and how I want to live it. The details of these adventures and background for the cast of characters would require more time then I have over the next two weeks, so they will have to wait to find their life in ink in my memoirs. So with this being stated, I´ve decided to save the final half of my trip until I get back to share around campfires and dining tables in the company of my family and friends and the blurry line that divides the two more often then not...

...until next time...

1 comment:

  1. yay josh!!!!! hope your travels are amazing!! i know they are. the rainbow was so beautiful, im glad we shared that experience.

    homebound soon, i assume? life is goood?
    im enjoying canada... :)

    lots and lots of LOVE and blessing hermano!

    rana

    ReplyDelete